Office Runner / Driver
MORGAN AND MORGAN P.A IS A NATIONAL PLAINTIFFS LAW FIRM THAT OPERATES ON A CONTINGENCY-FEE BASIS. THE FIRM HANDLES A WIDE VARIETY OF PRACTICE AREAS IN MULTIPLE STATES.
OUR DOWNTOWN ORLANDO OFFICE IS LOOKING FOR MOTIVATED EMPLOYEES TO WORK IN OUR FAST PACED FIRM SUPPORT CENTER.
This job's most frequent role involves running errands and driving. Our Firm Support Specialist travel to deliver & retrieve legal files from other law firms and deliver legal files to courthouses. They perform clerical tasks such as making copies of documents, distributing mail & processing mail, cleaning, stocking the kitchen area, mailing letters and answering the phone. Depending on the applicant's skill set the runner may also perform word processing tasks and data entry.
- Distribute all incoming mail, inner office mail and faxes in a timely manner.
- Ensure all outgoing mail is affixed with postage and charged to correct account.
- Deliver packages, envelopes and file court documents as runners request suggest.
- Maintain accurate records of deliveries and court document filings.
- Walk or drive your own vehicle in order to reach destinations to deliver packages, envelopes or file court documents.
- Plan and follow the most efficient routes for delivering packages, envelopes or filing court documents.
- Sort items to be delivered according to the delivery route.
- Obtain signatures for packages and/or documents as needed and turn into supervisor.
- Record information such as items received and delivered including recipient’s name.
- Check with supervisor after completed deliveries or filings in order to confirm deliveries and collections and to receive instructions for other deliveries.
- Driving company vehicles .(Mercedes Sprinter passenger van)
- Drive passengers primalery in our Company limo.
- Picking up food or beverages.
- Filing documents at the courthouse.
- Picking-up/dropping-off documents from/to the court or other firms.
- Perform any other duties as needed and assigned - including, but not limited to, light office maintenance, furniture. assembly, internal moves, receptionist relief, etc…
***FULL TIME HOURS ONLY WITH ABILITY TO WORK WEEKENDS and OVERTIME**
- Able to work shifts between the hours of 8am-4pm, 9am-5pm, 10am-6pm Monday -Friday.
- Nights, weekends and possible overtime are required at times
- Have impeccable driving record.
- Have a current Florida state driver's license.
- Pickup truck or large SUV Prefered
- Experience driving large vehicles such as a (Mercedes Sprinter passenger van extended)
- Experience driving passengers a plus.
- Must have minimum vehicle insurance requirements (100,000/300,000 for Bodily Injury)
- Minimum of 30 WPM.
- Computer Literacy.
- Must be well organized to keep track of legal documents and to operate efficiently.
- Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights and brakes in order to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition.
- Vehicle must be insured at all times.
- Must be able to read maps and follow written Digital & verbal geographic directions.
- Must be familiar with basic office and mailroom equipment, copy machine, postage, etc.
- Must be flexible and willing to assist with various clerical functions including providing backup receptionist relief.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize deliveries and work under pressure.
- Must have a sense of time and the importance of thereof.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi task, learn fast, and work in a team environment
- Must to be able to communicate effectively with team.
- Strong listening and problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented people person
- •Must type 35 WPM and possess computer skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with outgoing personality.
- Please disclose your vehicle on application.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Lifting and carrying materials weighing up to 75 pounds, kneeling and bending
- Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle to perform tasks related to job duties
Medical, Dental, Vision, and a host of supplemental benefits available after a 90 day probationary period.