Content Writer/Marketing Manager
Morgan & Morgan, the nation’s largest plaintiffs’ firm, is looking for a creative in-house content writer with experience writing concise, clear, and effective copy in a fast-paced environment, while also managing our lead generation efforts. This position will focus on topics related to a specific practice area and case types, writing news-centric content for both a lay audience and attorneys and other professionals.
This content writer/marketing manager will produce news alerts and other content for our family of websites, in addition to email newsletters, FB ads, organic social posts, and other content. The position will also work with attorneys, case-management staff, and others to develop strategies for ensuring business growth. The position’s writing output relies on a host of reporting methods, including research, analytics, and interviews.
- Write effective copy that utilizes both journalistic principles and SEO best practices. (Knowledge of AP Style is preferred.)
- Understand the needs, motivations, and aspirations of your audience, so that you can speak to them in the most effective, compelling, and engaging way possible.
- Collaborate with attorneys, case staff, and other subject-matter experts to consistently deliver polished and searchable content.
- Work with marketing and operations teams to effectively achieve marketing and business goals: interpret reports to inform your messaging and business initiatives.
- Translate concepts into effective messages and contribute to brainstorming sessions with attorneys and case staff.
- Must be able to quickly adapt ideas and tactics based on acquisition information, analytics, and search results.
- 3-4 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a journalism or related field.
- Ability to consistently write concise, clear, and creative copy.
- Comfortable writing in multiple styles and for multiple formats.
- Superior communication skills.
- Ability to appropriately manage time and workload in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, while proactively requesting help when needed.
- Comfortable reading and interpreting analytical data.
- A willingness to learn.
- A portfolio with three to five writing samples.
- Work in our office at least four days a week.
- Flexible remote days and hours.
- Move quickly — no office red tape.
- A wealth of opportunity to test your ideas.
- Excellent benefits.
- Make an impact. You Matter.
- Work with noteworthy and effective advocates who help improve our communities.