Medical Records Clerk
Are you personable, organized, and result oriented? If so, you may be interested in the Medical Records Clerk position in our fast-paced mass tort practice. The position’s focus is to communicate with our clients and their health care providers to obtain medical records efficiently and effectively while maintaining confidentiality and integrity. This requires discretion, attention to detail, and multi-tasking abilities to obtain the appropriate provider information/authorizations from the client, monitor and respond to all record requests from initial request to retrieval, and maintain continuity of work flow by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs. Our Medical Records Clerks are customer focused and possess qualities that build relationships with our clients, as well as external vendors.
We are looking for individuals who are detailed oriented, quality focused, and able to manage a high volume and time sensitive workflow effectively and efficiently. Strong people skills are necessary. The position requires one to work both independently and within a team environment.
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Office experience required, law firm experience a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally over the telephone
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer and keyboarding skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
Please include your salary requirements