Litigation Paralegal Trainee (Bilingual)
Assist with the below job tasks:
- Handle incoming and outgoing calls
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail
- Open Personal Injury files that include sending first client letter, ordering medical records, and setting up the physical file.
- Check request for medical records and mail all checks requested
- Follow-up on medical records requests.
- Obtain and maintain necessary information for each file that includes calls to client for death certificates, autopsy reports, etc. and follow-up to make sure that the documents are provided.
- Prepare and send medical records/x-ray films to Experts.Schedule Hearings and prepare necessary documents for the Hearing. (e.g Motion to Compel hearings).
- Trial Preparation that include reservations to and from trial, etc.
- Turndown Memos (Due monthly)
- Trial updates for the department (Due monthly)
- All scheduling assignments that include telephone conferences with Experts, clients, pre-deposition conferences, and depositions. (Contact Court Reporter and set-up telephonic conferences for all depositions)
Must have prior legal experience. Should be able to adapt in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage a high volume case load with supervision.
Must be bilingual in Spanish and English.