Senior Network/Voice Engineer
Large plaintiff law firm is seeking a Senior Network/Voice Engineer who will be responsible for the development, implementation and support of a reliable, secure and scalable voice and data network. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in managing a complex data network and proven ability to ensure high levels of voice and network availability. This is a hands-on position and will require the ability to support Cisco voice and network design, execution and support. The ideal candidate will have the ability to handle multiple functions simultaneously and independently.
- Develop and deploy strategic voice and network plans to meet current and future business requirements. Provide technical expertise and problem resolution for escalated requests
- Support routers, switches, WLAN’s, firewalls, and remote access
- Design and execute plans to remediate voice and network risks and outages
- Prepare and maintain appropriate documentation of policies, processes, and procedures
- Manage deployment of infrastructure voice and network technologies consistent with corporate standards
- Provide guidance and mentor less senior members of the voice and network team
- Analyze remote monitoring reports to identify capacity and performance issues and manage their remediation efforts.
- Lead complex troubleshooting efforts on voice, video and network infrastructure.
- Work with technologies that include, but are not limited to, Cisco Call Manager, Unity Connection, IM & Presence, Contact Center Express, VCS Expressways, voice gateways (MGCP, H.323, SIP/CUBE)(Analog & ISDN signaling), Wireless LAN, routing, switching, VPN, Firewalls.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Expertise with Cisco Call Managers
- Expertise with Cisco Jabber
- Expertise with Cisco routers, switches, firewalls and VPN concentrators
- Expertise with Video Conferencing
- Expertise with SIP trunking
- Expertise with Cisco Prime & Solarwinds monitoring and management tools
- Extensive experience with IP suite of protocols
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) and Cisco Unity Connections
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with a natural aptitude for dealing with people
- Excellent time management skills, must be capable of multi-tasking in a high workload environment
- Cisco Nexus 7k, 5k, 2k experience
- BGP, EIGRP
- SAN switching, iSCSI, FCOE
- Expertise with Cisco Firewalls
- Expertise in WAN Optimization
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related IS technical field is required or the equivalent combination of education and pertinent/directly related experience
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a Cisco network architecture, engineering, and support role.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in network design, implementation, and support of large Enterprise networks.
- CCNA, CCNP voice certifications preferred * H.323/SIP/MGCP/SCCP
Possess a thorough working knowledge of TCP/IP protocol function, Ethernet topology, advance routing protocol (i.e. BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP) and Cisco router and switch installation and configuration.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO